Gambling at online casino websites is a whole lot of fun, but only when it’s done safely. Unfortunately, the complicated and restrictive gambling laws in New Zealand can make finding a safe online casino website quite confusing, so we understand if you’re struggling – try Lost Island Slot.
Don’t panic – we’re here to help! We’re here to teach you how to find a safe online casino website in New Zealand, so read on to find out more! We’re going to be taking a look at:
– Online gambling laws in New Zealand
– Offshore casino websites
– How to assess how trustworthy an online casino is
Digital Gambling in New Zealand
Before we get started, it’s going to be important to address the online casino laws in New Zealand. Technically, digital gambling is illegal in New Zealand except from on a couple of officially licensed and regulated sites such as Lotto NZ lotteries and sports betting site The TAB. However, don’t let this put you off online casinos – you can still legally gamble online in New Zealand as long as the website is offshore, meaning that it is not hosted by a company from New Zealand. This ultimately means that you can enjoy online casinos from other countries if they legally allow New Zealanders to join.
The problem of Offshore Casinos
It’s great to know that you can legally play at offshore online casinos in New Zealand, but there is a slight catch – it essentially means that these websites will not be protected by the official gambling regulatory bodies of New Zealand. You will need to be extra careful when gambling as there may not be harm reductions features that officially regulated sites offer. Furthermore, these regulatory boards will be not be able to protect you against unsafe or unfair online casinos. Don’t worry though – do your research and use common sense, and you will be able to find plenty of safe and secure offshore online casinos. Just use the following guide, and you’ll be one step closer:
– Step 1: Always start your research by searching for safe and regulated online casinos.
– Step 2: Look out for the green padlock on your address bar – this will guarantee that the site is safe and secure to use.
– Step 3: Does the website let you access its content and create an account? If so, it should accept New Zealand players.
– Step 4: Double-check the licenses and regulations to ensure that the casino is legal in New Zealand
– Step 5: Finally, ensure that you are comfortable with gambling, and when it doubt, grab an accountability partner
Let’s be honest – it’s all a bit complicated, but we hope that we have helped you understand it! Essentially, you should always do thorough research when searching for offshore online casinos in New Zealand – they’re totally legal, but you need to ensure that you pick the right websites. Use a bit of common sense, refer to this guide, and when in doubt – discuss with a friend. We’re sure you’ll be having fun online gambling experiences in no time!