We all know that we are spending as much time on our computers, phones, and other devices as ever—Instagram, Facebook, Youtube, Tik Tok, you name it. Scrolling and surfing around the web consume a lot of our time daily. People are constantly trying to lower their screen time, but it sounds easier than it actually is. However, time spent on the internet can also be very productive! And we are not talking about working.
Some time ago, people who are good at thrifting found a way to significantly reduce the costs of one of the most significant expenses we have every day: groceries. So, they began collecting coupons from every nook and cranny, combining them with other offers to bring home basketfuls of good shopping deals.
Moreover, there is also something that people now call extreme couponing, and mastering it can save you enough money to go on a second vacation, something you couldn’t even dream of before! Many different companies offer coupons for their products, so if you put your mind to it, you can find valuable food coupons, clothing coupons, and even prescription drugs coupons to get the best discounts for your prescriptions, as well as car parts coupons.
Read below for the most critical need-to-know tips if you want to learn more about this fantastic money-saving technique.
Set Aside Some Time, It’s Worth It
Couponing can become another weekly chore that you need to take care of, but if you concentrate and get rid of distractions, it can be done in very little time. People who actually commit 1-2 active hours a week, end up saving from $30 to $60 weekly. That is not a small amount of money, if you calculate the yearly amount you could be saving. In the beginning, it can be frustrating, but once you get the knack for it, you’ll be able to allot money to things and activities that you always craved for but couldn’t fit in your budget.
How To Get Your Coupons
Once you decide to activate yourself on this couponing quest, you must focus on discovering and getting the coupons that might help you save a few extra dollars each week. Below are some of the best places where you can find coupons these days:
- Coupons can be found in nearly all daily newspapers. That is your safest bet. To receive the best coupons, buy the newspaper with the highest circulation. Purchasing a double feature can occasionally save you money. To get everybody involved, it seems that buying one paper per member of the family is a decent basic rule.
- Investigate the internet. You’ll be surprised how many printable coupons are available out there. Of course, you will need a printer, but nowadays they are very affordable, and you can also use them for printing other stuff at home.
- Request coupons from your friends and relatives. Your closest ones can be beneficial indeed, especially if they’re not into couponing. It is quite a waste to let them throw out those valuable pieces of paper, especially when you can use them.
- Make sure to check the stores in your area. Many big chain stores have available coupons at their locations, all kinds of them. You can find some on the packaging of the products, in dispensers, and on peel-off coupon pads. The best and most efficient way to get coupons is while shopping.
- Get some mobile apps. If you are tech-savvy and like apps, this is one of the best ways to find coupons. Most big stores develop their own apps; you will be surprised by how well they work.
Keep Your Coupons Organized
Like most things in life, effective couponing depends on being well organized. First, get yourself some nice envelopes to put your clipped coupons. As time passes by, you will start filling them up quickly, at which point we suggest getting a folder or even a few of them.
Organize your files by category. This approach means simply filing your coupons by date and type in folders that will help you search through a coupon database for the coupon you want. This strategy is simple, but if you don’t have all of your coupons with you at the shop, you may lose out on special offers. Also, make sure to get a binder for your coupons. That way, you can take all your coupons with you when you go shopping, which will enable you to stay ahead of deals in the stores you usually shop at.
Most of us can get reluctant to try couponing initially, but as you keep doing it, you start to see the value of doing just a little extra work aside from your regular shopping activities. Getting a good deal can make your day or the day of your loved ones.
So, in the beginning, try to visualize something that you would want to do with the money you save, be it a vacation, new shoes, that dancing course you and your significant other always wanted to try, or a nice bike. That can motivate you. Coupon codes can definitely make your life better; it just needs a little bit of effort.