CBD oil is growing faster than ever in the wellness market trends. More and more people are starting to discover the power of CBD in humans and animals health. Yes, your pets can also benefit from the use of CBD. What is CBD anyway?
What CBD Is ?
CBD or Cannabidiol is a compound naturally found in the cannabis or hemp plant. This compound is known to have relaxing properties and gives therapeutic effects to its users. There’s a lot of misconceptions about CBD in the past, even until now, from people who have not learned enough about CBD.
Many believed that CBD can cause psychoactive effects or you’ll get high if you use CBD. But this belief is false. Why?
There’s one compound in cannabis that is known to create “high” effects on users and that compound is THC. CBD cannot create high or psychoactive effects because it doesn’t have THC.
How can CBD help your pet?
It’s how CBD interacts with the endocannabinoid system of the body. Like humans, some animals like cats and dogs have an endocannabinoid system too. When you take CBD it interacts with the endocannabinoid receptors in your nervous system and causes the CBD effects you experience. The same thing happens to animals according to studies.
The calming effect of CBD is proven to work with seizures, anxiety, depression, and stress.
For some pets CBD could potentially help with:
- anxiety- Have you ever noticed your dog getting anxious when you are preparing to go out or getting ready for work? Do you notice some weird behaviors after you left them for a few hours? Your dog might be suffering from separation anxiety. Seeing your dog struggling while you’re walking away just feels heartbreaking. Anxiety can have a huge impact on your pet’s health. They can get anxious with separation, loud noise such as thunderstorms, fireworks, or even just the sound of a vacuum. Giving them vet-formulated CBD can help them calm during these situations. One of the best ways to give CBD to your pet is through treats. CBD Pupper Bites from GETHempd is a beef-flavored CBD treat your pets can surely enjoy.
- Pain- CBD is also a great pain reliever. Pets can also suffer from body pain for different reasons such as fracture, arthritis, surgery, etc. Continuous use of CBD can help to relieve the pain or help in treating chronic diseases effectively.
- Stimulating Appetite- If you have trouble getting your pets to eat, CBD could help. According to studies, CBD has been shown to increase
- Seizure- CBD is often prescribed to epileptic patients since it has shown good results in calming seizures. It works with animals too. There are many other medicines that you can give to your pet to calm seizures but most of these medicines are damaging the liver. Again, consult your vet before using CBD.
There are different types of CBD products for pets available in the market.
Here are some:
- CBD oil – CBD oil allows you to give more precise dosing to give your pet.
- CBD Treats or Chewables- Some pets are stubborn when it comes to taking medicine. Some pet owners mix their meds in their food but they can eat all the food and leave the medicine. CBD treat is a smart way of administering CBD to them.
- CBD Tinctures- Tinctures are made with hemp extracts infused with CBD, and a mixture of alcohol, vegetable glycerine, and oil. They’re good for relieving mild nausea, stress, and anxiety.
- CBD Topical- Topicals are used for joint pains or body aches. You can apply topical CBD directly to your pet’s skin.
CBD is a type of cannabinoid that doesn’t create psychoactive effects like THC but offers a lot of health benefits to humans and animals. CBD is non-toxic though taking high doses could give unwanted effects such as sedation or uncontrollable appetite.
It is best to consult your veterinarian before giving your pet CBD for correct dosing or in case there’s an existing health problem or your pet is taking other medications.